My BT Login | BT Yahoo | BTinternet Sign in , BT Mail
How to Login to My BT Mail?
BT Mail – Login to My BT Account or do BTinternet Sign in to enjoy the Email Services and you may also create an BT Account.
Email is the most effective and reliable form of communication that is highly versatile. In fact, it is the fastest option that allows instant delivery of messages throughout the world. Moreover, this lightning fast communication method permits people to endorse long-distance communication. Above all, it is free and easily accessible. In other words, they are the perfect communication solution that is efficient, productive and affordable at the same time. One of the leading champions offering this service is BT Mail by BT Group PLC.
What is BT Mail?
BT Mail is a free of cost, optional service that comes bundled with BT Broadband. It is a complementary service that can be retained even after discontinuing the internet connection. Hence, you can choose this service while enrolling for the internet connection. Usually, you are asked for the same at the time of activating your subscription. Therefore, you can make your choice.BT Mail is a web based mailing service that is acclaimed by experts for it’s full-proof protection. As such, it grants you with the utmost flexibility to access it from anywhere and at anytime. Moreover, it integrates some amazingly innovative and intuitive features for best in class, avant-garde service.Besides, you can avail a maximum of 11 email addresses which includes one master email account and 10 sub accounts. In short, BT Mail guarantees the best in class, sophisticated and user friendly service.
BT Mail integrates some of the most ingenious, resourceful and user friendly features to offer best in class, avant garde mailing service. Given below is a glimpse of some of it’s wonderful features:-
- Free of Cost Service
- Robust Webmail Capabilities
- Considerable Storage Capabilities
- Convenient Account Registration
- Automatic Message Sorting
- Simplified Configuration with MS Outlook
- Highly Secured Email Exchange
- Blocking Capabilities
- Mail Filtering
- Spam Protection
- Image Protection
- Parental Control
- User Authentication and Authorization
- Alerts for Unauthorized Access of Account
- 24*7 world class and professional customer support
How to Create a BT Mail Account?
BT Mail is an extremely versatile web based mailing option. It’s user centric approach is quite evident from the simple account creation process and ease of usage. However, you must learn certain aspects of this email account for convenient setup.
- Primary Address: This is the email address of the primary master account. The account holder can use the BT ID to set up other accounts.
- Sub Accounts: This is the additional email address used by the primary user as an alternative email address. These are a good option for young family members as the primary account holder retains complete control.
- Affiliate Accounts: This is a subsidiary email address created for another household member. User gets the complete control of the account along with a distinct BT ID and security details. In other words, they are solely accountable for this account.
The major difference between these three addresses is the level of access and authority granted to the respective user. For instance, only the primary account holder can create the additional accounts.
BT Email Account (Primary) Creation
- To begin with, turn on your computer.
- Then, open your preferred internet browser on your computer.
- Now, go to the BT Mail home page. For this, type in “home.bt.com” in the browser’s address bar. Then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Subsequently, you should look for “Email” at the top right hand corner of the window. Thereafter, click on it to open the Sign In webpage.
- Next, click on “Create One” tab for account creation. This redirects you to the account creation window.
- Thereafter, you will be prompted to provide certain basic details for account creation.
- Henceforth, provide the email address assigned to you at the time of activating your internet subscription. In the event that you have lost your BT ID, you can easily recover it.
Therefore, look for the link that says “Find it Here”. Then, click on it. Now, follow the onscreen instructions to recover the required details. Meanwhile, ensure that you have your phone number and the billing account number for the same.
- Next, enter your email address once again.
- Thereafter, click Continue to proceed with BT Mail account creation.
- Subsequently, you should set a unique, strong password for your BT mail account. You should be very particular in setting a password that is strong. Hence, consider the following tips for the same.
- You should always avoid obvious passwords like “1234567” or “mypassword” etc.
- Longer passwords have been proved to be more secure and hack-proof. Hence, you must strive to set the longest possible password.
- Additionally, using consecutive letters of your keyboard can be easily traced. In other words, letters of your password shouldn’t follow any obvious pattern like consecutive letters or four corner keys of your keyboard etc. For this reason, avoid such easy passwords.
- Moreover, you should develop the habit of creating unique passwords for every individual sites and accounts. Although, it is very typical to use a single password on multiple accounts. But, it can be extremely hazardous. Therefore, you should always setup distinct passwords for every site or account.
- Likewise, it is very common to frame passwords on personal details like birthdates, addresses, phone numbers etc. However, this can prove disastrous. Hence, you should always avoid it.
- It is an extremely useful practice to change your passwords from time to time. This saves you from a lot of future complications. Therefore, you must make this practice a regular habitude.
- Thereafter, re-enter the password correctly to confirm it.
- Now, click on Continue to proceed to the final step of BT Mail account creation.
- Finally, you must provide your BT account number mentioned in your subscription invoice. As stated earlier, it is the unique 10 digit alphanumeric number located at the top right corner of the invoice.
- Thereafter, click on Create Account to conclude the BT Mail account creation.
BT Email Account (Affiliate) Creation
Similar to the above procedure, creating this subsidiary BT Mail account is equally simple and convenient.
- First and foremost, you should log in to My BT with your BT ID. In short, use your primary account email address and password.
- Then, look for “Your Package” on Your Homepage. Now, you should select the broadband link.
- Subsequently, click on See Broadband Extras.
- Finally, click on BT Email.
- Next, click on Manage BT Email.
- Then, select “Give an Email Address”.
- Now, click on “Create a New BT Mail Address”.
- Thereafter, enter the details of the person who will be using this new email address when prompted.
- Then, select an email address for this account.
- Finally, click on Continue.
- Consequently, you will get a confirmation email containing a link to activate this new account. Additionally, it will be sent to the alternate email address provided during set up for the new user. Alternatively, you should share the link with them to activate their new email address. Another key point to remember is that this link is valid only for 30 days.
- Finally, the additional user must activate their email account. For this, they should click on the link and follow the onscreen prompts. As part of the process, they will be allowed to set up their own BT ID and password.
How to Configure BT Email Account with Email Client?
Email Clients are software applications meant to simplify handling of multiple email accounts. In other words, you can access multiple accounts and service providers all at once from a single spot. These can be easily installed on to your computer or device. For instance, Apple Mail, Outlook or Windows Mail.In particular, it allows you to access your emails at any point of time even without an internet connection. This is possible once the mails have been downloaded to the Client. It uses IMAP and POP3 protocols for downloading mails to your device.BT Mail also allows for this customization to enhance it’s user experience. Moreover, the configuration process has been made as simple as possible.
Preparation for the Configuration
You must consider the following details before configuring your BT Mail account.
- Firstly, ensure you have your Email address or Username
- Then, you must keep your BT Mail account Password handy.
- Next, you must confirm the kind of device you have. For instance, Windows PC, Mac, Android device, iOS etc.
- Additionally, confirm the email client installed on your system. For example, Outlook, Apple Mail etc.
- Above all, you will need certain technical details about BT Mail’s server. Hence, secure the accurate details from reliable source. You must know the incoming and outgoing server settings for the BT Mail service. In other words, you should ask for the IMAP/ POP3 settings.
BT Email Account Configuration Process
- First and foremost, you should launch your preferred email client which is already installed on your device. In order to do this, click on the email client icon on your computer. Alternatively, you can open it from All Programs under the Start Menu.
- Then, look at the very top of the window for the File tab. Next, click on it.
- Thereafter, click on Category to expand it.
- Now, click on the Account Settings.
- Next, look for the Email tab under the New section. Then, click on Email.
- Subsequently, switch on the Server Settings. Then, click Next.
- Now, select Internet Email address. Then, click Next.
- Subsequent window will prompt you to provide the user data as specified below. Hence, fill in the details correctly.
- Your Name: Enter your full name without any mistake. Make sure to include the first, last and middle name in the specified field.
- Email Address: Fill in your complete email address correctly.
- Thereafter, look for Type Account under the Server Information section.
- Then, select POP3 as the account type.
- Subsequently, fill in the below mentioned details accurately in their respective fields.
- Incoming email: mail.btinternet.com
- Incoming port: 110
- Outgoing email: mail.btinternet.com
- Outgoing port: 587
- Next, fill in the required fields correctly under the Login Information.
- Email: Enter your BT Email address
- Password: Provide your BT Email account password
- Login with Security: None
- After providing all the relevant details, proceed for testing the setting information. Hence, click on Test Account Settings. Consequently, a test will run to confirm the same. Assuming that all the information that you provided was accurate, the test should be successful.
- Hence, click on Next.
- On the contrary, you will get an error message. As such, you should cross check all the provided information to confirm it is correct. However, rectify details in case of any incorrect information. Subsequently, run the test once again.
- Finally, you will be notified about successful configuration of BT Mail account with a confirmation message.
- Therefore, click on Finish to exit the window.
All in all, you are now prepared to setup your BT Mail account through whatever alternative you chose. In short, you can experience the stunning and highly sophisticated email services of BT Mail.